Healthy School Meals
We believe that a supportive learning environment should also be a healthy environment. Well-nourished children are more engaged in their learning and achieve greater academic success in all areas. We believe that it is part of our responsibility as a school to help all members of our community to develop healthy eating habits which will stay with them for life.
- To improve the health of pupils, staff and their families by helping to influence their eating habits through increasing their knowledge and awareness of what constitutes a healthy snack.
- To ensure pupils are well nourished at school, and that every pupil has access to a safe, tasty and nutritious snack and a safe, easily available water supply during the school day.
- To ensure that snack provision in the school reflects the ethical and medical requirements of staff and pupils, e.g. religious, ethnic, vegetarian, medical and allergenic needs.
- To make the provision and consumption of a snack an enjoyable and safe experience.
- To introduce and promote practices within the school to reinforce these aims, and to remove or discourage practices that negate them.